Saturday, July 25, 2009

A Lemon Party

So one of the most popular bands in Mongolia is called the Lemons. They basically sound exactly like the Strokes except they sing in Mongolian. But they're quite good. Here's a little sample: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPlEGM3MObU

So anyways, I've seen them play a few times because there are only like 5 bands in Mongolia and they all put on concerts every week. And naturally, I've become bros with them. Because this is Monbrolia. The lead singer's name is Odnoo and he's a G. He never takes off his sunglasses. Some say it's because he has weird looking eyes. Most say it's because he's really freaking cool. A few days ago I went to a birthday party and the Lemons were there. So I guess it was a Lemonparty. Sorry. And then I told the birthday boy I was from Milwaukee and he asked me if I knew his friend Charlie Villanueva and I felt out of place. And long story short, I cockblocked Odnoo. As a bro, I felt terrible. As a protector of blackout girls, I felt chivalrous. I fear it may have irrevocably damaged our budding brolationship, but I guess I can deal with that.

And now for a shameless plug to support my summer's labors: check out this super groovy website! http://mongolia-institute.org Isn't it cool?!?!?! And look, there are links to Facebook and Twitter at the bottom of the page!!!!! Wowee!!! How cool would it be to follow/fan those things!!! Go for it!!!~!!

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes, you post things like these and I'm reminded of all the reasons we're friends.

    John Ela, you are the captain of my heart.

    ReplyDelete