Thursday, July 2, 2009

Tokyo? More like Pokéyo

Hello, YPMB. I am theoretically a member of you. I played with you. And our friend Thanh invited me to contribute to your blog.

Yes, we all know that Tokyo has awesome Gundams (well, just the one), but perhaps more important is the fact that it's actually Pokemon. Where else do you have high speed rail, ubiquitous convenient stores that sell basically everything, ridiculous multistory department stores, lots of people walking around in underground pathways, aggressive cyclists, and big 'ol mysterious temples and shrines? Saffron City is in Pokemon's Kanto, Tokyo is in real-world Kanto (also, Goldenrod City is clearly an analogue to real-world Osaka). I'm living the Pocket Monster dream.

1 comment:

  1. But i hate those multistory department stores. I can't ever read the katakana to figure out what kind of stores they have >.<

    ReplyDelete