Monday, June 1, 2009

Blogs!

Blogs! Everybody's blogging! What the heck? I don't really know what to write here that isn't already included in my Light Fellowship blog but I feel like I should say something since I just set this up. Also, thanks for starting off the posting, John =).

Next Tuesday I'm off to study Japanese for 2 months w/ the Hokkaido International Foundation (HIF), funded entirely by the Light Fellowship. We're supposed to keep blogs which they post up on a forum for future applicants to learn about the different programs, etc. Most of the stuff in my Light blog will go into great detail about program specific things. To quote my dear friend Kevin (no, Marcus, he's not my boyfriend), "You have these interesting/deep posts about mundane things." I'm pretty sure that he intended that to sound more flattering than it sounds right now.

Anyway, the less mundane, more interesting (and probably more politically incorrect) stuff will go here w/o all the extra eloquent descriptions relevant for Light fellows but not so much for anybody else (unless you have an unhealthy obsession with the minute details of my life). I'll be sure to keep the posting content of each blog unique so as not to bore you to tears and I promise to be equally exciting in both, so go ahead and check it out if you'd like. In the meantime, I'm going to try and get a tan in the Texas sun, eat lots of fried chicken (getting in touch with my dad's roots and all that) and drink lots of sweet tea, and play with the greatest dog in the whole world before I take off for good. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment