Thursday, June 11, 2009

Mormons in Beijing?

I don't know yet, maybe there are. But there are Mormons here in cold, overcast Salt Lake City! Oh yeah, let's talk about the unsuccess that was my day of travel.

So this morning I wake up at 5:30 all packed and excited to go to China. I eat some toast and check the Northwest website for my itinerary and oh noes! my flight from Salt Lake to Tokyo is canceled! "Screw that!" I say, and check the Delta website for my itinerary. Alas! all flights are on time and most certainly not canceled. Phew.

La di da, epically long check in line, epically long security line (<3 style="font-style: italic;">ask the man at the counter about my maybe-cancelled flight, get an okay, board the plane, glare daggers at the baby in front of me (keep your food in your carry-on, people.) land in Salt Lake, and whoops, my flight actually is cancelled. Good job, Delta.

There's only one flight a day to Tokyo from Salt Lake. So I'm stuck here. It was either that or fly back home, which was really just too ridiculous to handle.

Actually it's pretty sweet now that I'm out of that god forsaken airport. I have a nice hotel room, free internets, and $21 in vouchers to spend on food. There's nothing to do, as Salt Lake's biggest attraction is the Mormon temple, and I've been there before. I'd rather be in China, but oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment