Wednesday, June 10, 2009

WTF I'm in Mongolia

So I got into Mongolia yesterday. A dude in a suit picked me up at the airport. And drove me to my apartment. But did he let me rest? No. We went to a pub. And drank beer and vodka tonics with some millionaire European investors and the son of one of the most powerful men in the Mongolian government. They make their vodka tonics here like you would normally except the ratios are reversed. So they fill up a cup with vodka and then add a shot of tonic. And then drink it in one go.

So anyway, what am I doing here? you might ask. Well, I am an intern with Asia Pacific Investment Partners, a Mongolian-based non-banking financial institution. Ask all you want, I have no idea what that means. Nor do I have any idea how I got myself into this. Nor do I have any idea what I'm going to be doing for the next two months.

I am learning so much already. Like if you step on someone's foot, you must immediately shake their hand, otherwise they'll beat the crap out of you. Also, it's easy for foreign investors to buy property in Mongolia. Fancy that! Also, the Soviets were terrible architects and my apartment smells like cigarettes and cheap hookers. Woot!

3 comments:

  1. Question: exactly what do cheap hookers smell like? Just curious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vodka tonics are proof that both John and Mongolians are bros.

    ReplyDelete