Friday, June 5, 2009

Fail

Having already packed all my belongings for Japan, I have progressed to procrastination tactic #2: figuring out how to use Kanji Sonomama Rakubiki Jiten (an electronic dictionary rom) on my Nintendo DS. There's a very handy FAQ walk-through-esque document online which I'm perusing, because the alternative would be using said dictionary to look up 95% of the words in its users' manual. However, I really like the whole character recognition dealie, so I can draw in kanji with my stylus and look them up. The rom also features an English-to-Japanese dictionary/vocabulary list, complete with sample sentences. I was going through it checking off the boxes for terms which I already know, and for the word "afternoon, " I came across the following example sentence:

She died yesterday afternoon.

If you think that's bizarre, I went further down the list and under "baby" I came across this entry:

I've got a knife here, baby!


Umm. What?

No comments:

Post a Comment