Sunday, June 21, 2009

WTF, China: Part 1 -- Showers that aren't

Look closely at this shower. "What shower?" you ask? Exactly.

Last summer in Japan I got used to unfamiliar bathing styles, but this is really something else. It's as if someone built a bathroom then added a shower head as an afterthought. The whole room gets all wet and slippery. I've taken to throwing my hand towel onto the ground in front of the sink as a little island of dryness after I shower, but this other student tells me he's rigged up a two-towel dam system around the drains that I might try tomorrow.

The only plus side to this set up is that if you forget something by the sink, you can totally just walk and get it.

1 comment:

  1. They couldn't invest in like an extra inch of plastic to delineate a square? WTF China.

    ReplyDelete